12.04.2008

Thanksgiving

I just love Thanksgiving! I spent last Thanksgiving in DC and was anxious to spend this year with the family in Salt Lake City. Thursday was spent eating, laughing, singing (yes, we sing), dancing, napping and wrestling...activities that carried over to Friday. I spent Saturday visiting with friends. Or, as my parents say, making the rounds. I was able to meet my friend and former DC roommate, Megan Brimhall, for breakfast. Run a few errands with my oldest friend, Karene Ellison and visit with old BYU roommates Claire Brown and Chelsea Forsythe. I loved catching up with my old friends and in some cases...meeting their children. (Yup, it's been that long.)

~THANKSGIVING DAY~

My Nana getting dinner ready.

Dad and Spence...just being Dad and Spence.

Waiting for dinner!

Time to eat!

Missy and Baby Kate


Mama, Aunt Shaun and my Nana. Three of the classiest, smartest, most talented, beautiful and kind women you'll ever meet.

A little 'after dinner dancing' with my buddy, Jack.
(Mason - I taught Jack your part.)

My wonderful sister-in-law and hilarious big brother.


~M&M's DAY OUT~
On Friday, Megan and I went on a date! We started off with High School Musical 3. And, I have to say that I don't think I was fully prepared for my HSM3 movie experience. WOW! I have never been in a theatre where I literally heard girls swoon over a character on the screen.

Megan with her cotton candy and Root Beer. Yup, I'm a cool aunt and bribe the kiddos with sugary treats. After experiencing all that is High School Musical 3, we stopped for lunch. And, let me tell you...Megan is a funny little gal. She cracks me up! We were very mature and spent most of lunch taking pictures of each other making funny faces. Below are a few good ones...we thought we were hilarious!

When two desserts just aren't enough. Atta girl, Meg!

~HANGIN' OUT~

Jack loves when Nana comes to visit. And, Nana loves visiting. Can't you tell?


Baby Kate was having a bad hair day.

This video is mainly for Mason. We had a pin-wheel (I think that's what it is called) and Kate was determined to make it twirl on her own. She tries so hard. There are also a few times when she smiles at the camera and says, "Cheeeeese!" Missy has the girl trained well. She knows just what to do when in front of a camera, as evidenced by the picture below.

~TEMPLE SQUARE~

Chelsea, was one of the first people I met at BYU and is one of the neatest people you'll ever meet. I always try to see her when I'm in Utah. Chelsea and John had tickets to a Christmas concert at Temple Square and asked if I wanted to come along. Of course! Not only did I get to hang out with two of my favorite people (and their cutie pie boy, Blake) but, I got to see the lights at Temple Square! Talk about getting into the Christmas spirit!

With Chelsea...who is due in the next few weeks!!

While we were walking around Temple Square I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw another good friend from freshman year, Tom Morrill! I immediately screamed and gave him a giant hug. I then remembered it was Saturday night and noticed he was dressed up. I pulled back and said, "Oh! You're not on a date are you?" Ooops!

No worries....he wasn't on a date. Loved seeing my buddy, Tom! Chelsea, Tom and I laughed because the last time the three of us were together on Temple Square was nine years ago for our Freshman ward activity. Oh, how time flies.

~CAFE RIO & COLD STONE~

Yes, I took a picture of Cafe Rio and Cold Stone. I had to! It's two of my all time favorite restaurants right next door to each other! Could life get any better? Nope! Happy Thanksgiving to me, indeed!

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

ahhh, Millie, we were in Utah for thanksgiving too... man, I wish we could have seen you. I didn't even think to check... (though we did enjoy Cafe Rio too!!) missyou!

Ashley said...

Millie, you look the best aunt ever! I bet your niece was in heaven with all of that sugar. Will you be in California for Christmas? Oh yeah, did you decide about Arizona yet?? We have both Cafe Rio and Coldstone here!! We really love it.

amelia said...

You are a good aunt! And CAFE RIO. SO GOOD.

Rachel said...

you and tom look mighty cute together.....:)