11.19.2009

WEST POINT

My cousin, Tony, is a cadet at West Point. He has visited me in DC a few times, but I've never been able to visit him in New York. I've been anxious to make my way to West Point, and drove up, last weekend, with Jennah. I have never been, and had an absolute blast! Not only is the campus beautiful, but it is rich with American history! George Washington marched his troops on the main lawn, for heaven sake!! I was on cloud nine!

The first item on our list of things to do? The final West Point football game of the season. So fun! (Rainy, but fun!)


After the game, we went on a tour of the campus. Talk about impressive! Tony's good friend, Tyler, is the First Captain at West Point. (I didn't know this, but being First Captain is a very big deal.) Tyler was with Tony when they came to DC a few years ago, and I took them through the White House. Tyler took us around West Point as a, "thank you" for his White House tour. After this weekend, I'd say we're even.

Thanks, cuz! We had a great time! Can't wait for your next visit to DC!

6 comments:

ivyk said...

millie!!!! are you here?

M. said...

looks amazing! I want to go now!

laura said...

Looks fantastic!!

Brittney Paul said...

wow, that is so awesome, Millie! The pictures are breathtaking, I can't imagine how gorgeous it was in person! BTW, if you're home during the holidays, I better get some Millie time-even if it's only 5 minutes!

Tracy and Odie said...

um, i love your red coat!!!

Brett and Lisa said...

Wow! georgeous!