7.09.2008

Fourth of July

My two favorite holidays are Christmas and the 4th of July. I love everything about these two days! This is my fourth summer in DC and my last 4th of July at the White House. My cousin, Jesse, was in town and she and her friend, Chris, came to the White House with Dave and me to watch the fireworks. It was a muggy day and we were a little damp at the end of the night from all the rain, but we still had a great time! It was the 4th of July and I was with wonderful people! How can it NOT be fun?!?!

Doing our best to stay dry while we wait for the fireworks.
When Jesse and I were growing up - our Dads would always put us back to back at family functions to see who was taller. I think it is safe to say that twenty-seven years later we’ve stopped growing and Jesse has me beat. Although, there are those who contend that it is still too close to call. I don’t know who these people are…but, some people do say that.


Dave, Millie, Jesse & Chris

One night at dinner, Dave kindly pointed out that I take huge bites of food. And, I am embarrassed to say, this is true. We decided to put my skills to the test, and after the fireworks, stopped at a hot dog stand to pick up a couple of hot dogs. Jesse and I then had a mini hot dog eating contest! Well, not really. We each just took giant bites to see how much we could fit into our mouths. We weren’t quite up there with the current hot dog eating champion, Joey Chestnut, but we held our own. Yes, I felt ill the next day.

11 comments:

mother of 3 said...

You look great! I love your short, CURLY hair and how tan you are and you look really thin!

Love you tons,
Karene

Kaylyn said...

Millie, you are gorgeous! I love your hair!!!

Brett and Lisa said...

I will be the 3rd and I am sure not the last to say the you look BEAUTIFUL!! You always do! Looks like you guys had fun!

Forsythe said...

Yeah, I love reading what you are doing and seeing cute pictures of my tan hot blond friend. Love you girl and keep it coming!

Em Russ said...

My cousin and I used to always do back to back comparisons and I think she beat me out in the end. I love your hot dog contest though... Funny!!

Terra Zobrist said...

Millie, I saw your blog link on Spencer's blog and I had to check it out. You look so happy. It was good to see what you are up to.

Shells said...

Millie! So happy you now have a blog. Miss you!

amelia said...

What a fun fourth!

Jen said...

Millicent...okay, so NIck and I are looking at your blog right now. Um, who is this Dave guy? You look HOT...tan...love the hair...love the dress...love you...now FILL US IN! We love you and miss you and wish we could hang out with you RIGHT NOW! Check our blogs out:
www.therexburghalefamily.blogspot.com
and
www.haleyanick.blogspot.com
WE love you!!!!

Brittany said...

Millie wow look how hot you are!! GEEZ! Anyways hope your doing great because you sure look great!

Heather Walker said...

Millie, You are so cute! Looks like you are living the life. Where are you going after the your done at the White House?