9.06.2008

Labor Day

My Dad came to Washington, DC over Labor Day and we had a great weekend! We went to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, the DC Temple and visited with some Glendora friends.

~MONTICELLO~



Smile Daddy!


I WAS NOT ready for this picture. But, please take note of the logo on my proud Papa's shirt. My mom had it made for him. It says, "U of U Grad, BYU Dad." We ran into some BYU alumni while we were walking around the grounds who thought it was pretty funny.


We walked down to the Jefferson Family gravesite. President Jefferson designed his headstode and wrote his own epitaph wich reads, "Here was buried Thomas Jefferson Author of the Declaration of American Independence Of the Statute of Virginia for religious freedom & Father of the University of Virginia." Interesting, that he didn't mention that he was also the third President of the United States.






Tourists who visit Monticello throw nickles (which bears Jefferson's profile) onto President Jefferson's grave for good luck.


TREE HUGGER
Dad and I found these two trees walking around the grounds! Take a close look. It is two trees, with one growing around the trunk of the other. Very neat!!

~THE WHITE HOUSE~


Our great family friends, Patsy & Walt Gorrell, were visiting from Glendora for the USC vs. Virginia Football game. Walt played football for USC and is a true Trojan. Patsy gave me cooking lessons when I was a little girl. Wonderful people, fantastic childhood memories!
Walt, having a moment in the Press Briefing Room.


Rose Garden

Cheeeeeese!


~WASHINGTON, D.C. TEMPLE~

The best part of the entire weekend was our morning at the Temple.
So special. So wonderful. So true.

5 comments:

Forsythe said...

you are such a skinny hottie! Love ya girl and all your cute clothes. Too bad we do not live together anymore so I can borrow them!

Em Russ said...

Millie, you look amazing as usual! Love the bit about Jefferson and the trees are so cool. Someday we'll make our way to DC to visit you (I hope!)

Brittney Paul said...

How fun! And you look so beautiful in all your pics, I want all your clothes, can you be my personal stylist?

amelia said...

Monticello looks beautiful! How fun to have a dad-daughter weekend :)

Jen said...

LEt's be honest...you're hot!