11.21.2008

Seven Things...

My friend Jen Hale tagged me. I've never been tagged before. Turns out it's kinda fun! You think about and remember things you normally wouldn't. So...here it goes!

Seven things I was doing 10 years ago...

  1. I was a junior in high school
  2. Planning the junior/senior prom
  3. Dating a senior from another high school (so scandalous)
  4. Going to lots of Glendora High School football games. Very fun!
  5. About to turn 17...woo hoo!
  6. I think this was the year I worked as a clerk at Ellsworth's Stainers, downtown Glendora.
  7. Running...A LOT

Seven things on my to-do list...

  1. FIND A NEW JOB!
  2. Go to the gym
  3. Write more letters/notes
  4. FIND A NEW JOB!
  5. Call/email people when I'm thinking of them. Even if it's just to say, hi.
  6. Decide if I want to move
  7. Oh...and FIND A NEW JOB!!!!

Seven books I want to read/reread...

  1. The Book of Mormon
  2. The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
  3. Mornings on Horseback; and other biographies, David McCullough
  4. Music for Chameleons, Truman Capote
  5. My Antonia; Death Comes to the Archbishop, Willa Cather
  6. Where the Sidewalk Ends, Shel Silverstein
  7. Emma, Jane Austin

Seven places I want to visit...

  1. Greece
  2. Australia
  3. South Africa
  4. Rome
  5. Egypt
  6. Loma Linda, CA (to see Jane, Catherine, Luke & Mack)
  7. Riverton, UT (to see Megan, Jack & Kate)

Seven places I have lived...

  1. West Covina, CA
  2. Glendora, CA
  3. Provo, UT
  4. Orem, UT
  5. Edinburgh, Scotland
  6. Salt Lake City, UT
  7. Arlington, VA

Seven things I would do if I were a millionaire...

  1. TRAVEL!!!
  2. Get rid of all debt (Guess this should have been #1)
  3. Buy a home
  4. Decorate my new home
  5. Take my ENTIRE family on a fabulous vacation!
  6. Not work for a year (Don't think this would last very long. I'd get bored.)
  7. Start a non-profit

Seven snacks I enjoy...

  1. Apples
  2. Crackers
  3. Cheese
  4. Licorice (red or black...doesn't matter)
  5. I really don't snack all that much. Is it boring if I leave the rest blank?

Seven things I can do...

  1. Laugh (does this count?)
  2. I'm good with babies and little kids. So they say...
  3. Play the piano and cello
  4. Sing
  5. Ski
  6. Organize, organize, organize!!! I even have my own label maker...LOVE IT!
  7. I'm really good with names.

Seven things I can't do...

  1. I can cook. I just choose not to.
  2. Pretty bad at saying, no
  3. Change a car tire
  4. A toe touch (This was a constant battle when I was a cheerleader. Again, I could do it...just chose not to. I sound like such a pill!)
  5. Go through the day without tripping or laughing
  6. Wish I were a better pianist
  7. Snowboard

Seven things that attracted my to my husband...Well, since I don't have one of those, I'll just list seven characteristics I admire most in others.

  1. Honesty/Integrity
  2. Humor - but not at the expense of others
  3. People who are genuinely kind/thoughtful
  4. Strong testimony of the Gospel
  5. Loves their family/friends and makes time for them
  6. Hard working
  7. Killer sense of style (This one is just for fun!)

Seven favorite foods...

  1. Ice Cream!
  2. My Mama's pot roast OR her carrot cake
  3. Anything made by Nanny!
  4. Cafe Rio - either pork salad or a pork burrito, enchilada style. (My stomach just growled.)
  5. Mexican Food
  6. Diet Coke (Maybe this should have been in the snack category.)
  7. Chinese Food

Seven things I say most...

  1. Love you
  2. Are you serious?
  3. That's funny
  4. Miss you
  5. Thank you
  6. How are you?
  7. Can you please get that back to me by...

Seven people I admire most...

  1. My parents
  2. My grandmothers
  3. My brothers and sisters-in-law
  4. My friends
  5. President and Mrs. Bush
  6. Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan
  7. The Founding Fathers

Seven people I tag...

  1. Jocelyn
  2. Noelle
  3. Jennah
  4. Karene
  5. Mimi
  6. Christine
  7. Missy

6 comments:

M said...

Hey, Millie! Looks like you're doing well and having fun. Capitol Hill Books is my favorite! Isn't it hilarious/incredible? Maybe you could offer your organization skills to the owner. Good to read a bit about what you've been up to.
Martha

Brittany said...

Did you forget that you've lived in Las Vegas, Nevada!?! Or did you just choose not to let others know? :) I'm excited to see you soon!

Jen said...

I LOVE that I was the first to tag you and I loved reading that. Thanks for taking the time. Want to move to Rexburg? I am sure Walmart is hiring! :) Dang, I miss you!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Millie, you have a blog? How did we not know this until now???

amelia said...

Might I recommend moving to Utah? The economy isn't sucking here quite as bad as the rest of the nation, jobs are a plenty and you would be by ME!

The Skeehan Family said...

Dang I suck, shows how MIA I've been, didn't even know you tagged me... hmm... maybe a new New Year's resolution - READ MY FRIENDS' BLOGS MORE!