First item on the agenda was our visit to the White House. The day can pretty much be summed up by the below picture of Pops. If you want details, give him a call. He'll happily explain why he's wearing two tie bars. Just know that the expression on his face pretty much says it all.
~GETTYSBURG~
Mom and Dad headed to Gettysburg on Friday, while I was at work. They were very excited to visit such an important place in American history. However, I think they were a tad more excited to be in Pennsylvania. For those of you who aren't aware...My little brother, Mason, is currently serving an LDS mission in Pittsburgh, PA. When Mom & Dad crossed the Pennsylvania state line they stopped so my Mom could literally kiss the ground.
Stace & Tom
Just contemplating life in a reading nook. Yes, I am sitting in front of a window. See all that light streaming through?
~HILLWOOD~
We left Capitol Hill and drove a little further into the District to visit the home of Marjorie Merriweather Post, heir to the Post cereal fortune. Not only was Mrs. Post a savvy business woman, but she was also an experienced art collector who displayed many of her finds in her Washington, DC home called, Hillwood. It is a breathtaking estate and definitely worth the trip. Although, there were some (i.e. Dad) who were a bit apprehensive with the idea of walking around an old house all afternoon. While en route to Hillwood, he asked if I would drop him off at my friend's house. (Dad thought my friend was sure to be watching football and in want of company.) But, don't worry, Dad ended up having a great visit. Mom and I of course loved everything about the place! (We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the house.)
In front of the main house.
I was IN LOVE with the beautiful fall leaves.
The backyard. Not bad, 'eh?
The Dacha. This is an adaption of a one-room summer Russian home that Mrs. Post had built on the grounds.
The estate even had a pet cemetery where we found the above headstone. It is in memory of Mrs. Post's beloved house dog, Bobo. Mom and I got such a kick out of this because the gradkids call my Dad, Bobo. A photo was absolutely necessary.
Oh! To be young and in love.
This was his favorite tree.
Mine, too!
My Dad is FABULOUS!!!
6 comments:
Mill, I love your new blog look! It was fun reading about your time with Tom and Stacey. You got some really neat pictures. I LOVE the beautiful fall leaves. What perfect timeing. We're excited to see you soon! Love ya.
the seguras are good people
im so glad your parents were able to visit the white house one more time and visit you, of course! your mom is a crack up. i miss you your family. you all are great!!!
I LOVE that you made your parents kiss! I miss you! I tag you!
looks like fun! i LOVE hillwood. aren't the grounds absolutely beautiful?
looks like you guys had a great time! miss ya mill.
Post a Comment