I came to Washington, DC four years ago. Little did I know, that most of my time (and at one point…every waking hour) would be spent working at the White House. It has been a whirlwind of ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ experiences that I will always treasure. I have made lifelong friends who have influenced me professionally and personally, and will truly miss having them as colleagues.
I feel incredibly blessed to have worked at the White House and to have served a Nation and President of whom I am so proud. I'm a bit apprehensive to close this chapter of my life, but am excited to embark on a new adventure.
1.15.2009
A Difficult Goodbye
~~~~~~~~~
"The White House, with all its pressures, intrigues, triumphs, betrayals, joys and disappointments, is the most special place you ever will work. Look out the gates at the people who slow their gait as they pass, trying to get a glimpse of someone -- anyone. They know what you're likely to forget. You're blessed…Leave no room for regrets -- for someday, in the not-so-distant future, you will be back where you started: On the sidewalk with the other folks, gawking at that grand, glorious, mysterious place -- where Lincoln walks at night, and our highest hopes and dreams reside.”
-Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary
Posted by Millicent at 1/15/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
oh, Millie, this post brought tears to me eyes! How amazing to have a picture like that as well as all of those memories.
Wow, what an amazing picture and experience. I had fun living through you as your worked at the white house. I am sorry as you are to see it come to an end!
Hey Millie,this is Megan (Stowell) Stohl. I clicked on your blog from Debra's, and my Mom has always kept me up to date on your white house doings.
I'm sure you have had many many wonderful experiences working thier and meeting such amazing people. What an incredible experience!
We sure are proud of you, Millie. We know this isn't a great time to be out of work. You can live in spare room here in Boston until you get on your feet again.
How cool - and bittersweet. You need to update on what's next!
What an amazing four years you must have had! I can hardly imagine all the ups and downs, but I too am proud of Pres. Bush and his accomplishments. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your fun life while working there, and good luck on your next endeavor!
i can't wait to hear what is next for you--i know it will be great! and awesome picture, btw!
Millie~ It's Jennifer (Walker) Butterfield. I clicked on your blog from Taryn & Brendon Merkley's blog and was so excited to see YOU!!! How fun that you know them!! Taryn is my husbands cousin~we all went to school together at BYU Hawaii!! You are beautiful!!!!! And what an experience to have worked for the President!! FANTASTIC!!! What a GREAT picture!!! I am excited to look through your blog and see all the fun experiences you have been having!!!
Hey millie this is Jessica Hughes. Your mother said I'm the only one you remeber from our ward. I'm so excited to know that you remember me. I found youn through debras blog and have been watching you as well. That is an awsome picture with Pres. You look stunning. and good luck on your next adventure.
Oh Mill! I am so proud of you and the woman that you are. Does that sound like a mom, or what? We love, love, love you so much! And, by the way, we love the dress! :) I am glad you decided to buy it after all, and not take it back after we left DC! :) You have great style little lady!
Hi Millie!
This is Krista.. one of your long lost Pillar House roommates. It is fantastic to see what an adventure you have been on these last four years. You look absolutely beautiful, by the way. What a great experience you have had. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Millie, this is brittny thompson (pack:)! I really thought that I had found you before, but then again we aren't linked so I guess not:)... I loved looking through your blog just now and seeing all of the fun/excited things you have been doing! You have accomplished so much! (but I'm not surprised because you have always been an amazing woman that I could/can look up to)... I look forward to keeping in touch through the blogging world! (just to give you a heads up, I'm not good at updating mine:)
love you!
britt
Wow Millie. Wow.
Mills, what a beautiful picture and tribute. What a gift you have for capturing such beauty and savoring everything. I hope you are doing well right now and am anxious to hear what's in store...
maybe Phoenix? Crossing my fingers... and toes... and eyes :)
Post a Comment