Toward the end of the Administration, President Bush had an ongoing theme for his staff. We were to, “Sprint to the Finish!” Work hard, and give it our all until January 20th. In conjunction with this theme, his Chief of Staff, Josh Bolten and former Chief of Staff, Andy Card, organized a good old fashioned BBQ at Glen Echo Park’s Spanish Ballroom in Maryland.
We had such a good time. Everyone was there! Members of the President’s Cabinet, current and former staff…even the President and Mrs. Bush dropped by. It was great! And, let me tell you…it was quite the par-tay! I may have gone a tad overboard on the dance floor. Those of you who know me well, know I’m not a wallflower. If there’s a band and a dance floor, you won’t find me sitting on the side of the room. I think a few of my colleagues were a little surprised.
Ryan, Millie, Michael & Diana
Oh, how I loved working for Linda and Neal. Wonderful people!
The one and only, Mr. Pete Seat! Great friend, from the Press Office.
Millie, Michelle, Linda & Jordan.
{We were all Linda's assistant at one point. I like to think I was her favorite.}
A few friends from Team OFL.
Leslie was my dancing buddy.
Page, trying to rein me in. Poor Ryan, in the back, wondering what he got himself into.
~DANCING WITH JOSH~
Linda (see above) noticed Josh Bolten, the President's Chief of Staff, standing on the side of the room. She said, "Millie. I bet you can get Josh dancing. Try getting him on the dance floor." She didn't have to ask me twice. I walked over to Josh, grabbed his arm and made our way through the crowd. He was a hit! I'm proud to say, a circle of people formed around us. Yes, a circle.

This was right after Josh gave me a kiss and said, "You're great!"
Laughing at all the cameras. Please take note of Linda on the right. She got such a kick out of the whole thing.
This pretty much sums up the way I felt the entire night. I had a blast! Can’t go wrong with a live band, a dance floor and great people.
However, all good things must come to an end...

{Photo by Chris Greenburg}
5 comments:
I thought I was your dancing partner! Too bad I was not there with you I would have been on the floor all night. You can nver dance too much!
leave it to you to be the life of the party! i'm so glad you had fun.
Wow.. that looks like such an amazing night! You called the cheif of staff "josh"...
I have been thinking about you! Are you in Spain? Where in the world is Millie Segura ( remember that game... Carmen San Diego?)
Miss you!
Your stories are great and I am happy to read your experiences over the last year. I was at your dad's office today and saw your picture, I know Dan Riley has enjoyed his time in the SS and I see you have enjoyed working with the preident as well. Take care Brian Baker
Hottie on the dance floor! Look at you!
Post a Comment