4.13.2009

What's in a name?

One of my dearest friends is expecting her first baby. What do you do when you're expecting? Search for the perfect name, of course! I had fun looking through a name book that lists "historical characteristics" (more or less) of people with certain names. I looked up mine and wondered...Is this description true?


Millicent: Must have faith. Needs alone time. Communicates skillfully. Ups and downs financially. Artistic, having good taste. Self-expressive, cheerful. A free spirit, very adaptable. Original and unconventional. Dynamic, busy lifestyle.
Millie: Creative entrepreneur. Artistic, having good taste. Great verbal skills. Ups and downs financially. Blessed in some ways. A free spirit, very adaptable.
----
According to the above. I should be a wandering hippie at heart, with little direction and a killer sense of style. A person who, goes with the flow. Or, as my family lovingly says, "A ship with a lot of wind...but, no sail." Yup! That would be me. Not exactly sure where I'm going, or how I'll get there. I only know, I'm always up for a new adventure and definitely plan on enjoying the ride.

3 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

Wow.. that does describe you pretty well. the faith and alone time... dynamic, busy life style... has good taste - that would be you!

Christina said...

What book did you find that in? I want to look at it!

Em Russ said...

ugh. I HATE naming kids and now that I'm trying to think up a name for number 4 I've all but given up. Poor kid. Johnny wants to name him Angus Claus. Could you look up the meaning of that one for me! :)