I'm a huge proponent of good manners. You know; saying please and thank you, writing notes, taking off hats when indoors or for a prayer, offering to do the dishes when someone else makes dinner, not interrupting or speaking over others, men opening doors and standing up when a woman enters the room, having a napkin on my lap at every meal, saying, "bless you" when someone near me sneezes, waiting to eat until everyone has their meal, etc. My list goes on and on. In fact, I'm a big fan of this. Although, a little out of date...President Washington has some excellent words of wisdom. However, I wish he could have foreseen the technology of today and give me a little advice...
Question: What manners are expected in the wonderful world of blogs and Facebook? How do you say, "thank you" when a person leaves a thoughtful comment on your blog or says something complimentary about a photo on Facebook? I want to tell people, THANK YOU, for saying such nice things...but, how do I do it? Do you comment on the same blog posting? If so, how do you know the person you're thanking will see your words of appreciation? The same is applicable to Facebook.
Not sure how I feel about all this "indirect" communication.
Am I silly? Maybe a little...
6.05.2009
ETIQUETTE (noun) rules governing socially acceptable behavior
Posted by Millicent at 6/05/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wondered about this too Millie. When I first started blogging I would comment back on every other person's blog that commented on mine (or send them an email if they didn't have blogs). That got WAY too hard though. I haven't found a solution. On facebook though, if you comment after they've commented it sends the response to them so they usually see it. That's easier, but I don't know the real solution. I'll take this post as your "thank you" for all of my FABULOUS comments though!! :)
There are no rules/etiquette (yet) for these sort of things... but this is what I think:
Facebook- reply to their wall, then everyone can see how thoughtful/kind/etc they had been. Like a public thank you.
Blogs- email them. Their form of addoration came via the internet, so should the thank you. But, they might not see it... so shoot them an email.
Can I just say you make me smile again and again? Your concern for all those around you just makes me admire you more than I already do, which is hard because it's well, a lot :)
And while we're giving compliments here, just recapped a bunch of your old blogs, and seriously, do you HAVE to look like a super model in all of them? Seriously, you are a babe.
Love all the espana pictures, by the way. (and yes, I saw them all :))
You're welcome.
Post a Comment