After my visit to Williamsburg, I decided to stop in Richmond to see my dear friends, Brittany & Brian Richman. I met Brittany in my last class at BYU, Basic Food Prep. (I'm still working on those cooking skills.) She and I then worked and lived together in Las Vegas on the 2004 Presidential campaign. We both eventually made our way to Washington DC and the White House. I lived with her a little over two years and my DC life wouldn't be the same without her.
I was a little distracted during our visit (Britt shared some very BIG news) and I accidentally locked my car keys in my trunk...Ooops! Darn Baby Chuck!
We called someone to break into my car so we could simply pop the trunk and get my keys. A fourteen-year-old-looking guy arrived and was able to get into the car through the passenger door. Yay! Only problem was, when we tried to pop the trunk, it wouldn't open. By this time...the car alarm was blaring and my car and gone on the defensive!!! (Sorry neighbors!) Apparently little Heidi (yes, my car has a name) was able to sense that someone was trying to break in and maybe even steal her! The fourteen-year-old-looking guy shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yeah...um...I think you guys need to call a locksmith to make a key for the trunk."
Round two: We called AAA and a very nice man, who rolled up in a somewhat shady looking van, proceeded to make a key to get into the trunk. Only problem was, none of the FOUR keys he made worked! The nice man then drove his shady looking van to his boss' workshop where they made one last key.
Three hours later, my car looked like this and we finally got into the trunk and retrieved my keys. Also, the alarm stopped going off every time we opened the door.
When midnight rolled around, I was finally heading back to DC. Although the night turned into quite the adventure...I was happy for the delay. I love spending time with Brittany and Brian. They're two of my favorite people!!!
6.19.2009
KEYS
Posted by Millicent at 6/19/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, that sounds like quite the adventure just to get back into the car! And thanks for posting that pic of Brittany's wedding day... it's the first one I've seen!
Oh-My-gosh! That is a crazy key locking... sounds like somethingn I would do. Guess that is why we are such good friends!
I hate when I do things like that. Sure sounds like you had a posotive attitude about it.
I've had this almost exact post saved in my "drafts" waiting to post once I finally got my pictures uploaded to my computer! I still feel awful that this happened but I'm SO glad you came to see me!
Heidi just wanted to shake things up a little bit - she knew you needed some time w/ your old pals:) I'm sure you're pro at staying calm and laughing in situations like this!
Post a Comment